The ILA International Day of Listening theme for 2019 is
“Be bold! Listen for common ground”
How can you participate?
1. Participate as an individual
- Contribute to one of the many tasks needed to accomplish an impactful IDL.
- On the IDL, do a personal activity to enhance your listening awareness such as one suggested under
- Participate in an event. Have a look at IDL 2019 Events (build as we go along) or just ask us to know if there’s one near you.
2. Host an event
Invite your family, friends, and/or colleagues to participate. An event can be anything from a conversation between two people to a group event to find common ground, solve a problem and so on. To give you some ideas you will find some “model” events on the website and templates and guidelines for planning and carrying out an event.
Be creative! Invent original events, design your own event, use unusual locations and venues, go to places where people don’t always have the facilities to communicate easily. If you don’t feel ready to tackle this year’s theme, have a friendly conversation to build a better relationship or a learning experience involving listening and apply the Ten Listening Tips to become a more effective listener.
Once you’ve planned your event:
- Share your plans on our pages and social media sites.
- Facebook: internationaldayoflistening / dayoflistening
- LinkedIn: International Day of Listening
- Twitter: @DayofListening
- Share your plans on your websites, blogs, and Social Media sites too. Use @DayofListening #dayoflistening #internationaldayoflistening #IntListening
During the event,
document your event as much as you can, take pictures and videos, make drawings, use chat, write down or record your impressions, joys, difficulties… all this while keeping the flow of the conversation and respecting good listener behaviors. Let us know where you posted it.
After the event,
share your experience, share on our Social Media sites too and compare with others in the world.
Make a difference! Do something to promote better listening and help us become better humans by participating in the International Day of Listening. Let’s aim for over 100,000 participants. (The population now is over 7.4 billion, but let’s get started!)
Get the word out through your email contacts and social media sites, and pass the website and any appropriate information on to the schools in your area, to local government, local businesses, organizations, churches, etc…
In any case, like us, follow us, make comments, share and subscribe.
See also How can you help?
How can we help you achieve this goal?
Contact info @ internationaldayoflistening.com
Think what the outcome could be if we successfully solve problems
and repair relationships all over the world!